Thursday, January 6, 2011

Almost 18 weeks!

Okay Okay Okay! I know it has been literally a month since my last post... and don't worry I have heard plenty of "why haven't you updated" "when are you going to update" and so on from my family haha

So we will start back from around my last post.

I think the last time I posted we were just starting the second trimester with baby and we had an appointment to see if baby had a chance of down syndrome and everything came back good :)
So now it is 4 weeks later and we are now 9/20ths through the pregnancy :)

Since then we have had Christmas and new years and plenty of family time! We had so many Christmases with family.... Sylvester Christmas, Tobola Christmas, granny Tobola Christmas, Johnson Christmas, and granny Johnson Christmas! However it was tons of fun being with everyone and getting comments on my growing belly! I know I'm not that big, but because I didn't have all of the "normal" pregnancy symptoms it kind of seems surreal that I am really growing a human in there!

So although it was exciting getting all of my presents for Christmas, I think it was just as exciting getting present for baby! For starters Mary and Rusty got baby a TCU beanie! so cute! Aunt Carla and her family got us a "gender neutral" onsie! baby is going to need lots of clothes :). Then at Tobola Christmas we received several outfits, TCU sockies, and cute stuffed animal! Angela got baby some squishy blocks, Dianna got baby a cute outfit, Granny made a pretty purple blanket that we will probably use in baby's room, and mom and dad got us seat protectors for the car! and cute onsies! so baby got plenty of fun presents and it technically wasn't her first Christmas! haha

Our next exciting news is that between Christmas and New Years Trent and I put a bid on a house in White Settlement... and they accepted the bid!!! We are super excited that they took our first offer and even more excited that we will be paying our own mortgage and not someone elses!! :) We won't close until February, but I am already starting to imagine how the house will look once we move in!

Then we had new years and yet again I didn't make it to midnight! but Trent woke me up for a kiss! and surprisingly.... this was mine and Trent's first midnight kiss in the 4 years we have been together! He has always had to work new years eve! Then to truly start 2011 on the right foot... TCU WON THE ROSE BOWL!!! :) GO FROGS!!! its true.. I bleed Purple!

As much as I wish the break could have continued (it was nice on the days when neither Trent or I had to work and we could just relax at home and get things done around the house!) but, I did have to go back to work... baby is going to need diapers so mommy needs to get paid! Luckily this week hasn't been too bad and my kids aren't going completely crazy even with all of the time off.

Today we had our 18 week check up with baby! Dr. Wagner came in and said she was glad I have finally gained some weight! According to their scale I have gained 4 pounds, however I was wearing my coat and my purse.... so I think I probably only gained 1 or 2 pounds haha. Which I am not bothered by because that means that baby is growing! She then got the doppler out so we could listen to baby's heart beat. However baby kind of wanted to scare mommy and hide at the back of her uterus. Dr. Wagner wasn't worried because we could still hear baby moving around kicking and punching and summer-saulting (so she must be alive)... but after a couple of minutes baby decided to come inspect what the crazy fuzzy noise outside of mommy's tummy was and got close enough for us to hear! Heartbeat in the high 130s- low 140s. So baby is doing fine! Whew! Please don't scare mommy anymore with hiding from the doppler... (I know I can't just say please don't scare mommy because I am sure I will have many a day of baby scaring me... jumping off chairs, flipping on couches, climbing on counters... especially since I did all of those things!)




So now we are just counting down the 2 weeks till the anatomy appointment!!! :) We go back on January 20th to find out if we will be welcoming Mackenzie Marie or Tracen Anthony on June 11th! Can't wait to go register and start picking everything out for decorating the nursery!!!
Here are the two latest pictures! It looks like I am really pregnant!!! :)
Until next time!
(I will try to be better I promise!)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww baby bump!! You look so cute! (idk what happened with the other post, not sure if its showing up or not!)

    ReplyDelete