Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!

So I got off birth control and we decided to try to have a baby!!! Well as it turns out we are either super fertile or we are just good at making babies ; ) We got pregnant our first month trying!!!

I started feeling a little nauseous and completely exhausted about a week before I should have started my period. However I was convinced that I was just overreacting because I want to be pregnant and that I am just imagining this stuff. I don't say anything to Trent because I don't want him to get his hopes up that we are pregnant, but I kind of think we are. However he was at home one day between shifts and watching Friends. On the episode he was watching, Pheobe is trying to get pregnant with her brother's babies as a surrogate. Pheobe being Pheobe sings "Are you in there little fetus... Will you come out in nine months to meet us... I will buy you some Adidas!" and he sends me this in a text message!!! (without the background on watching Friends and it being a Pheobe song!!) I was like HUH?!?! What are you talking about?!?! after he explained I was relieved haha but couldn't help but want to sing that to my belly in hopes that I was pregnant!!! haha

So the week before I should start, my mom had given me a huge guilt trip about missing me and she hadn't seen us in so long, so I told Trent we needed to go to Ennis to visit family. He was fine with going to Ennis on Sunday. So we go to Ennis and meet at my parents house. We are hanging out for a little bit, then Trent and my dad went to go check hogs or something. As soon as they leave my mom says "Are you pregnant yet..." and I was like "What?!?! No I don't think so, but I haven't started my period yet..." I was completely taken aback that I just blurted that out, when I should have just said no so that she wouldn't be expecting a phone call in the next week saying I was pregnant! She then replies "Me and Daddy thought maybe that's why y'all were coming to see us!" and of course I said "Huh?? you are the one that asked us to come!" haha oh well! So of course this gets it in my head that hmm... maybe I am pregnant.... I have been nauseous.... and I should've started last night.... or even this morning.... and I haven't!!!

Trent and I had promised each other that we wouldn't take a pregnancy test until I was already late so we wouldn't get our hopes up. So I send Trent a text when he is sitting next to me and say "can we get a pregnancy test on the way home?" and his response (just like a man) "Why?" haha and so I said "well I am late by a day... and I have been feeling nauseous" so he says "Sure if you want."
Then I am super nervous all the way home and am getting my hopes up!!! Just like I said I wouldn't!!!! :) So we go to Wal-Mart... hope like hell we don't see anyone we know :) and get a pregnancy test. As Trent said "Get a good one so are sure whether its yes or no and don't have to come back to get another one!" So we go home and both of us need to pee really bad so that works out nicely. I do my thing and am so nervous that I leave it on the counter and go put laundry in the wash. So Trent comes and asks... So whats the answer? and I said "I don't know... I haven't looked" So I tell him to look first... so he picks it up away from me of course and asks..."What do you want it to say??" and I say "I don't care" even thought I really do care!!!!! and he says no really what do you want it to say... and I say "I want to be pregnant!" and he replied well... you are!!!
We were so excited!!! :) I couldn't stop smiling or believe that it was true!!! So when we went to bed guess what we sang to my belly.... yep the Pheobe song... "Are you in there little fetus... will you come out in nine months to meet us... we will buy you some Adidas..."

No comments:

Post a Comment