Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Beginning!

Okay so this is my second post, but I am probably going to post several blogs today that I have been wanting to post for a while! :)
Back on June 19th, our wonderful wedding day!, during the sermon that Fr. John gave he mentioned at least three times "perhaps in nine months this family will become three." Trent and I laughed this off during the ceremony and were super surprised when several people came up to us at the reception and asked if I was already pregnant!!! We were like NO!! We promise we aren't!!! It wasn't a big deal and we both knew that we did want to start a family pretty quickly but we wanted Trent to either have an EMT job or fire job before we started a family. Trent and I both were having baby fever! But we kept saying not till Trent has a job... everything is stressful enough with only one income since he is in paramedic school!

So skip forward a month and a half.... I have decided that everything truly happens for a reason!! Here is why... In the middle of August, my alarm on my phone goes off in the evening telling me to take my birth control pill. I was being lazy on the couch and got up to go get my pill and jokingly said to Trent "Maybe I should get off BC" and he replied "I don't care its up to you" so I kind of took that as the go-ahead that I could get off BC haha :) and.... (I am a bad wife) I didn't actually verbalize that I was getting off of BC to Trent. hehe. Well literally the next day Trent gets an email from Medstar that they would like him to take an EMT test because they liked his application!! Therefore I was super excited and thought this is perfect!! HE will get this job and we will get pregnant! Its awesome! So then a couple of days later after trying to make babies I jokingly said to Trent "just think... we could be pregnant!" and he said "Well not really since you are still on BC..." and so I laughed it off and thought "Well obviously he wasn't really ready for me to get off BC, I'll start taking my pills again... : (" Then the very next day... Trent goes to take the EMT test and it won't work and it won't go through and he is getting pissed and the Medstar people are not being helpful. So me being the "everything happens for a reason" kind of person tells Trent.... "I know why you haven't been able to take the test... God wants us to accept that we need to have a baby right now..." and he was like "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!" Then I spilled my guts about my BC on and off extravaganza and he immediately says... "GET OFF BC THEN!!! BECAUSE I WANT A JOB!!!" So we make the decision to finish off the BC pack and we will start trying with my next cycle. ( no worries we did talk at length about whether we are really ready or not) Of course.... the next day the test goes through AND he gets an interview with CareFlite!!!!

As most of you know Trent went through the hiring process for both Medstar and CareFlite... and was offered a job from both!!! He gladly accepted the EMT position from CareFlite!! So everything worked out PERFECTLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment