Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spreading the Good News!

So we found out we were pregnant on a Sunday and were trying to decide how we were going to tell our parents and sisters. We wanted to wait a little longer so that we could make sure the baby was going to stick. We also needed to decide what we would call out new baby until we found out whether it was a boy or girl. My sister Angela called Annelise nugget in utero... Trent's sister called Brekon pumpkin and she calls he newest baby z peanut. So Trent and I looked online for in utero nicknames and after going though names like Karate, Little Monster, and Alien... we decided on Pebble! Obviously Pebble will end up much larger than a pebble but its the perfect name until we find out if Pebble is a He or a She : )

Well my mom's birthday is on Oct 7th so we decided that would be the perfect day to tell her she would be a Babi again! So I drove down to Ennis and went to my dad's office and called him to come over to his office and to call mom and tell her to come over but don't tell her I'm here since I am her birthday present! So he comes over and I can't wait till mom gets there to tell him so I tell him and he gives me a big hug congratulations and says "So you were pregnant on Sunday!" and I said well we didn't know until we got home that night that we were pregnant. So then mom shows up and I gave her a gold necklace box (with a positive pregnancy test in ti... yes that's a little gross but I made sure to Lysol wipe it first!) when she opened it her response was "I am so glad its not a necklace!" She was super excited too!!! The only part she wasn't excited about was not being able to tell my sisters about it till the following night (after we told Trent's parents) and having to wait till our first doctors appointment to tell the rest of the family! So we went to dinner then I drove home!
Then Friday night we were planning on going to dinner with Trent's parents and grandparents. So it would be perfect to tell them! Now just a little background is that Trent's mom kept saying "I need more grandbabies!!" and "You are going to be so cute pregnant" and things of that sort for the past month but she actually had no idea that we were even considering trying! She has actually said "Y'all are probably going to start trying in what two years?" just the week before this and I said "I don't know" and played coy haha So we are waiting to be seated at Papasitos in Arlington and Sandy and Grandma make a comment about not being able to go to Destin next summer because Baby Z will be too little to drive that far. So Trent says "Well speaking of that... We are pregnant too!" and Sandy was like WHAT?? and then when I said "Yes, we are pregnant!" there was all kinds of screaming and excitement and congratulations!!! Sandy was hilarious and had the perfect reaction haha. So then of course she says I want to call Brandi, y'all need to tell her already! So we go to the car so its not so loud (and leave Brit and Papa to wait for our name to be called) and call Brandi and she doesn't believe us at first but is also super excited.. obviously Brekon doesn't really understand haha but we pretended he was excited. We then called my sisters and told them and there were super excited to be Aunts. And I got to talk to Annelise and she even said "Yay!" which who knows if she knew what she was saying but it was super cute!!

So then of course we just had to wait two weeks for our first doctors appointment so we can tell the rest of the family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment